Getting Married at the Consulate

  • PDF

Both parties must be Filipino Citizens and have to appear personally at the Philippine Consulate General in New York.



  • Birth Certificate in security paper issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) - original & photocopy
  • Certificate of Non-Availability of Record of Marriage issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) in security paper NOTE: A CENOMAR is valid for only six (6) months from the date of issue by the NSO
  • Original and a photocopy of Authenticated Affidavit of Parental Consent (for applicants aged 18 years and 1 day to 21 years) OR original and a photocopy of Authenticated Affidavit of Parental Advice (for applicants aged 21 years and 1 day to 25 years). If the parents are in the Philippines, the Parental Consent or Advice should indicate the name of the fiancĂ©/fiancĂ©e and should go through the following:

o    Notary Public

o    Regional Trial Court

o    DFA Manila, Authentication Division

If the parents are in the U.S., the Affidavit has to be notarized in the U.S. by an accredited notary public or authenticated/notarized and by the Consulate. The following must be attached to the Affidavit:

  • Passport (photocopy of data page and last page)
  • Two (2) passport-size pictures


  • Passport
  • Amended Marriage Contract (of annulled marriage) in security paper by the National Statistics Office (NSO) (original and a photocopy)
  • Certificate of Finality of Decision and Court Order/Decision authenticated by the Authentication Division, DFA Manila (original and a photocopy)
  • Two (2) passport-size pictures


  • Marriage License: US$25.00
  • Solemnization Fee: US$60.00

The marriage ceremony at the Consulate General may be scheduled only after having complied with all the requirements and with the mandatory three (3) week publication notice.

Office Hours

Consular Services are rendered from Monday to Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine non-working holidays. Consular services are also rendered during Consular Outreach activities. For more information on this, go to Consular Outreach page.
For inquiries, please call or email the concerned Consular Section.
Please click here for more information.

Philippine Consulate General New York

The Philippine Consulate General in New York provides services and assistance to Filipino nationals residing in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

For residents of other states, please go to Embassy of the Philippines, Washington DC link.